“Our mission is to help and promote the dignity and worth of the thousands of people in remote hard to reach rural areas through empowering them to optimize their potentials, by creating innovative solutions and make informed choices to improve their lives, access all available services and opportunities and be able to address their day to day challenges of reduced income, food and health through Practical Skills and Information. We motivate and encourage others to achieve their own personal and professional fulfillment. Hence develop positive economic, social, cost-effective means and spiritual growth in the society, to access the tremendous growth opportunities and engage in the battle of eradicating Poverty and Unemployment in Uganda”.
The Vision of these Companies is to “Take a Strong Hold to Inform, Educate and to create a society in which every person is celebrated as a unique and valued creation of God, and is encouraged to fulfill his or her full potential in Uganda”. And to become a Society of assertiveness and excellence in Uganda through Talent development, Academic Supporting, Guidance giving, and Fight for the rights of People in rural Communities, and Uplifting their Standard of Living in Uganda.
"Everything will turn out alright if we just keep in motion, forever moving forward".
God is Rich Investment Project / GRIP Media Uganda & GRM International-NGOMore Information
Majority of the rural population in Uganda is characterized by school drop-outs.
Major factors of school drop-outs include:
- Unemployment and underemployment among parents.
- Political instability
- Conservativeness of Cultural Beliefs
- Harsh economic conditions at society and at household levels.
- Disintegration of families, family values and morals.
- The scourge of HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Ebola, Chorela, Cancer and Hepatitis which has ravaged many families and left many self parenting children and others to become a burden to the elderly persons, many of these victimized people are left in villages to suffer without any one to assist them.
Prince Kateregga James and Mrs. Kisakye Eve Kateregga plus Executive Committee members of GRIP MEDIA UGANDA and GRM INTERNATIONAL-NGO, having a spirit of concern, were obliged by the love of Christ to provide a positive voice to thousands of people in remote hard to reach rural areas to address the importance on human rights, governance, gender, primary health care that’s sanitation, nutrition, health education, food hygiene, personal hygiene and immunization to rural population, environment and entrepreneurship based on the principle of empowering local communities through information. Moreover with rampant poverty, these people can’t care for themselves. Therefore God is Rich Investment Project /GRIP Media Uganda and GRM International-NGO have been founded as response to these problems faced by these people in remote rural poverty stricken areas, to give them hope and give them relevance in life and to give them a sense of belonging.
God is Rich Investment Project /GRIP Media Uganda and GRM International-NGO want to supplement on government’s effort of helping people in remote rural poverty stricken areas. Setting like Uganda, major disparities in access remain between different classes of people. Everybody should have the right identity, physical address, freedom of speech, nationality affection, and maternal security; have adequate food and nutrition, home/shelter and medical care. However, most of these rights are denied to the majority of the People in remote rural areas in Uganda. At God is Rich Investment Project /GRIP Media Uganda and GRM International-NGO we are seeking to identify and to address the unique problems faced by the thousands of people in remote hard to reach rural areas in Africa through information. On many occasion people in remote rural areas have been left out and die in silence due to poor infrastructures. These include poor Communication Systems like roads, poor telephone network, many villages have no Electricity. The very low level of education among the whole population of the community which has been attributed to the increasing number of people infected with HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Ebola, Chorela, Cancer and Hepatitis that has hit the rural community for many years. Subsistence agriculture being the major way of livelihood has made it very difficult for the parents to send their children to school due to the increasing cost of education and with no proper care and protection, no food, no clothes and medical care. Worst, some of the children at years low as 11 are heading families taking responsibility of catering for the young ones as well as finding away for their education. In an attempt to do so, they end up meeting with young men and women to earn survival with money less than $1, coupled with HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Ebola, Chorela, Cancer and Hepatitis. This has encouraged and increased on the rate of infections among the young population in remote rural poverty stricken areas in Africa. There is Need to Expand Employment Opportunities in Developing Countries. And again there is number of Young People whose Education has diverted their Interests away from Agricultural Employment. The Conclusion drawn from this is that the increasing numbers Seeking Non-Agricultural Employment can only be Employed in Manufacturing Industry and Related Activities. This Reason alone it is Necessary to Expand the Industrial Sectors of the Economies of Developing Countries in remote rural poverty stricken areas where majority of the general population is based.
Due to poor Infrastructures and lack of access to quality basic needs of life so many people in remote areas in Africa have been left out with no body to take care of them and giving them support. This means a rise in percentages of the illiterate, early pregnancies, and related consequences such as infant and maternal mortality rates, increased incidence of those who are infected by sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and drug abuse. While the Governments of Africa will continue to increase spending on reproductive health services, they will also be losing valuable human resources. It is evident that the HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Ebola, Chorela, Cancer and Hepatitis scourge is increasingly taking its toll on those who should otherwise be enjoying childhood in Africa. A large proportion of deprived children have acquired psychopathological behavior, increasingly becoming involved in crime, drug abuse and violence. Many, too, are vulnerable to HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Ebola, Chorela, Cancer and Hepatitis and yet enter the labor market at very young ages, all of which seriously affects their growth and well-being. Children under this category experience extreme poverty, which is compounded household, community and national poverty.
A link between large/polygamous families with poverty, and the high level of household population (six to eight members), increases the difficulty of providing adequate coverage and quality of public services such as education, health and housing for families. Poor health reduces the productive capacity of households and limits access to basic needs.
The magnitude and complexity of the problem of poverty in Uganda is large and growing, and cannot be ignored when designing national development and poverty reduction strategies. Poverty in Uganda is an important issue that has worsened the Communications system of Ugandans. About 60% of the Ugandan people are poor and 30% are very poor. Women in Uganda like in any other developing country in Sub-Saharan Africa are the poorest of the poor. The standard of living in rural Uganda is much lower than the rest of the world. Uganda has low life expectancy literacy rates. According to the past macroeconomic trends and available information, the nominal GDP growth rate over the NDP period was projected at an average of 7.2 per cent per annum. It was assumed that the proportion of people living below the poverty line is expected to decline from the level of 31% in 2013/2014 to around 24.5% in 2018/2019. Although the Government of Uganda has developed plans and implementation strategies that have contributed significantly to economic growth and poverty reduction, there are sections of the society that belong to certain socioeconomic groups that have not benefited from the available economic opportunities for poverty reduction. Vulnerable groups like the elderly live in worst situations that put their lives at danger. More than 40% of people in Wakiso District Uganda remain unemployed and illiteracy rates are very high. They cannot afford adequate medical treatment and majority has resorted to traditional and unhygienic ways of treatment.
God is Rich Investment Project /GRIP Media Uganda and GRM International-NGO want to target those people in remote rural poverty stricken areas and to empower them by giving them a positive voice that will address issues concerning the importance of human rights, governance, freedom of speech, gender, health, environment and entrepreneurship based on the principle of empowering local communities through information and also empowering them to carry out income generating activities that would further keep them. It was found necessary to institute God is Rich Investment Project /GRIP Media Uganda and GRM International-NGO to address the deficiencies in the practice of helping the thousands of people in remote hard to reach rural areas in all of our societies. “Support the thousands of people in remote hard to reach rural areas in Africa” is justified on the following grounds:
- Other than “God is Rich Investment Project /GRIP Media Uganda and GRM International-NGO”, there are no other projects in most parts of Uganda, that are designed to cater for the great challenges faced by the thousands of people in remote hard to reach rural areas.
- The colonial educational system widely used in Uganda puts emphasis on theoretical approaches to learning and as such, its graduates have limited practice in solving practical problems. As a solution, “God is Rich Investment Project /GRIP Media Uganda and GRM International-NGO” are designed to bridge the gap between knowledge and practice in the designed development and operation of systems for helping the people in remote hard to reach rural areas.
- Amidst today’s volatile and dynamic economic environment, random approaches to tackling rural community issues are increasingly becoming lethal for organizations and projects; therefore use of practical assistance is indeed becoming a must especially as it is possible to take advantage of advances made by “God is Rich Investment Project /GRIP Media Uganda and GRM International-NGO”.
Our Core Values
- (i) Stewardship: “Grip Media Uganda and GRM International-NGO believe in God to protect the dignity of everybody to exploit the Earthy goods in accordance with God’s Law and individual order”.
- (ii) Equality for all: “God made all people equal; our Companies are committed to a development process that promotes equality”.
- (iii) About People: “Grip Media Uganda and GRM International-NGO see the good in people, and try to develop those qualities."
- (iv) Rights and dignity for all: “Grip Media Uganda and GRM International-NGO believe in and strive to uphold the Rights and dignity of all people especially the Youth and the people in remote hard to reach rural areas of Uganda”.
- (v) About Management of Grip Media Uganda and GRM International-NGO: "Everything will turn out alright if we just keep in motion, forever moving forward".
- (vi) Institutional partnership in development: “Grip Media Uganda and GRM International-NGO welcome and respect ongoing International initiatives and national policies to take care and give support to disadvantaged people fight poverty, ignorance and diseases such as Malaria, Immunizable `diseases and HIV/AIDS, Ebola, Chorela, Cancer and Hepatitis”.
Our PurposeThe purpose of Grip Media Uganda and GRM International-NGO is to reduce the suffering of the people in remote hard to reach rural areas in Uganda, build their capacity through giving them a Positive Voice, empowering them to optimize their potentials, by creating innovative solutions and make informed choices to improve their lives, access all available services and opportunities and be able to address their day to day challenges of reduced income, food and health through information and Practical Skills. Grip Media Uganda and GRM International-NGO want to motivate and encourage them to achieve their own personal and professional fulfillment; and simple activities to do so that they become productive in the society. “These companies will reach out to all or most youth to ensure that they get correct message at this critical historical juncture. By reaching out to the youth with the right information, by re-orienting, informing, conscientising and enlightening the youth, these companies will produce young carders to implement current visions and build the foundation for liberated future generations once current forms of control and marginalization are identified and alienated”.
Our ObjectivesThe overall objective of GRIP MEDIA UGANDA and GRM INTERNATIONAL-NGO is to transform the life of the rural community in accordance to the doctrines of the Christian faith, outreach to Christians and Non-Christians in local communities who are living in isolated areas through evangelization. We aim at reaching people that have no existing churches, where their only way of hearing the word of God is through the Media.
- (3.1) To carry out the task of establishing FM Radios, Television and Telecommunications Stations; (Grip Media Christian Broadcasting Network – GMCBN FM Radio Stations & Grip Television Network - GTN and Grip Telecom Limited - GTL). The overall objective of Grip Media Uganda Limited and GRM International-NGO is to transform the life of the Youth and the rural community in accordance to the doctrines of the Christian faith, outreach to Christians and Non-Christians in local communities who are living in isolated areas through evangelization. And to aim at reaching to people who have no existing churches, where their only way of hearing the word of God is through the Media.
- (3.2) To find Solutions to the Communications System that deals with Transmission of Information that remains a major problem affecting Ugandans especially in rural areas where there is limited access to electricity, telephones network, radios and television stations or none at all in some Districts, Towns and Villages.
- (3.3) To be part of the Digital Migration, the switch from an analogue broadcasting system to a digital broadcasting system; to bridge the so-called 'digital divide' (the gap between people with effective access to digital and information technology, and those with very limited access or none at all). Many local Ugandans especially those in remote districts remain unaware of it and are therefore left out unaware of government programs aimed at eradicating poverty and good health care.
- (3.4) To carry on all or any business related to Communications Systems, Electronics, Broadcast and Installation of FM Radio Equipment. Construction and Setting up Radio Equipment in the Studios and on the Mast (Broadcasting Tower).
- (3.5) To carry on all or any business of Media and Broadcasting, Production of Commercial Radio Adverts and Jingles, Recording and Editing Radio and Television Programs.
- (3.6) To build a net work of well-trained youth who will, through joint efforts, continue to implement current visions and build the foundation for liberated future generations once current forms of control and marginalization are identified and alienated.
- (3.7) To train care givers in care giving skills to enable these People in Community poverty stricken areas get adequate care, love and support.
- (3.8) To improve the quality of life for the people in Community poverty stricken areas where majority of the general population is based in Uganda by teaching them new business ideas and implement them.
- (3.9) To undertake the Training of Youth Media Skills; establishment of self help Projects, Training of the Youth and the rural Community of Uganda in different Technical and Practical Skills promoting exchange of Information with in these Companies and other Companies which are Professional and having similar objectives, transform lives of Youth infected with HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Ebola, Chorela, Cancer and Hepatitis hence fighting all kinds of immoralities, empowering and strengthening the voice of people concerning their rights in the community and helping them become self reliant on it, to fight poverty in the community at large. The ultimate goal of these Companies is to offer unique model of Technical and Practical Skills to the Youth in the Community. Educating 50% of the Orphans and Vulnarable Children at large.
- (3.10) To carry on all or any business of a Hospital, Diagnostic Centre, Clinic, Laboratory, and Treatment Centre of any kind.
- (3.11) To carry on the business of healthcare services, engage in Building Hospitals, developing Twesiga Mukama Community Health Clinic by Building GRM International Medical Centres / GRM International Hospitals, GRM International Pharmacy, Grip Hospitals / Twesiga Mukama Hospitals and opening up branches in different Parts of the Country.
- (3.12) To provide the Youth and the People in rural Communities of Uganda Education in areas such as; Hygiene and Health (including Cholera, Ebola virus, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, Malaria), Family Planning, Moral Values and World News;
- (3.13) To undertake the training and Supply of Nurses and Medical Attendants.
- (3.14) To provide the community education campaigns on matters pertaining to development, education, family planning and health.
- (3.15) To offer Guidance and Counselling (Sensitization) to the Youth and the People in rural Communities of Uganda about HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Ebola, Chorela, Cancer and Hepatitis.
- (3.16) To Create and Search for Jobs for Qualified and Non-Qualified Youth who wish to work in different Professions.
- (3.17) To advocate for Peace and Reconciliation. Hence Promotion of Community Unity;
- (3.18) To carry on all or any business related to the Supply of Medical Products, supply and provide advanced surgical tools and supplies, sutures and wound care products, needles and syringes, SharpSafety and clinical care products, and dosage pharmaceuticals and other devices or products of a surgical, pharmaceutical or medical character necessary or suitable for the proper treatment of sick or injured persons or patients and to carry on business as merchants of and dealers in, first aid appliances, medical and surgical accessories, hospital fittings and requisites, and in all accessories and supplies required for use in the treatment and care of the sick and injured, and to buy, sell and deal in all articles, goods, wares, materials and substances, and to construct, own, operate, manage, furnish and equip with all necessary conveniences, furniture and equipment hospitals, private hospitals, nursing homes, convalescent homes, crèches, hydropathic establishments and similar healthcare undertakings, with all suitable accommodation for the treatment and care of patients, and to do all things usually dealt in by persons carrying on the above mentioned businesses or any of them or likely to be required in connection with any of the said businesses.
- (3.19) To carry on the establishment of Grip Community Development Network/Opportunity Finance Network. Give Soft Loans to our members and Youth groups who are going to start up Income Generating Activities and to provide grants, and in some cases loan financing at more affordable rate to NGOs, CBOs, and private organizations, in support of their goals and objectives.
- (3.20) To lend money to and guarantee the performance of the contracts or obligations of any company, firm or person, and the repayment of the capital and principal of, and dividends, interest or premiums payable on, any stock, shares and securities of any company, whether having objects similar to those of these Companies or not, and to give all kinds of indemnities.
- (3.21) To engage in currency exchange and interest rate transactions including, but not limited to, dealings in foreign currency, spot and forward rate exchange contracts, futures, options, forward rate agreements, swaps, caps, floors, collars and any other foreign exchange or interest rate hedging arrangements and such other instruments as are similar to, or derived from, any of the foregoing whether for the purpose of making a profit or avoiding a loss or managing a currency or interest rate exposure or any other exposure or for any other purpose.
- (3.22) To acquire from any Sovereign State, Authority or any concessions, decrees, grants, donations, sponsorship, rights, power, and privilages whatsoever which may seem to these Companies capable of being turned to account and to work, develop, carry out, turn to account and exercise the same.
- (3.23) To borrow or secure the payment of money in such manner as these Companies shall think fit, and in particular by the issue of debentures, debenture stocks, bonds, obligations and securities of all kinds, either perpetual or terminable and either redeemable or otherwise and to secure the repayment of any money borrowed, raised or owing by trust deed, mortgage, charge, or lien upon the whole or any part of these Companies’ property or assets (whether present or future) including their uncalled capital, and also by a similar trust deed, mortgage, charge or lien to secure and guarantee the performance by these Companies of any obligation or liability they may undertake.
- (3.24) To carry on the establishment of Grip Foundation / GRM International Foundation; - Giving Support to Needy Families, Women, Children (Orphans) and Elderly.
- (3.25) To enter into partnership or into any arrangement for sharing profits, union of interests, co-operation, joint venture, reciprocal concession or otherwise with any person or company carrying on or engaged in or about to carry on or engage in any business or transaction which these Companies are authorised to carry on or engage in or any business or transaction capable of being conducted so as directly to benefit these Companies.
- (3.26) To carry on the business of Manufacturing and Production of “Spring of Life Natural Living Water / Juice”.
- (3.27) To establish, maintain and man a scholarship fund with a view of granting scholarships and bursaries to the less privileged children and youth regardless of their caste, color, race, creed or sex thereof making education accessible to such persons from pre-school to tertiary level.
- (3.28) To extend logistical support including but not limited to; stipends and scholastic materials as well as providing medical help, clothing and food to such identified persons.
- (3.29) To lobby the government, NGO, corporate firms, CSO both on the local and the international scene for donations and logistical support for the identified persons.
- (3.30) To Develop community outreach events; to lead the research and project development, organize outreach programs and empower volunteers to rise up and serve.
- (3.31) To improve women's lives by ending rape and domestic violence.
- (3.32) To provide the community health services focused on the needs of the community, such as mobile screening for diseases and symptoms of diseases.
- (3.33) To provide patient transport services to and from public medical centres where necessary to enable patients to access healthcare.
- (3.34) To help bring out different aspects of the church’s work and actively sharing faith with those who don’t know Christ.
- (3.35) To undertake the building, Construction and the establishment of Churches; through GRM International (God is Rich Ministries International).
- (3.36) To advocate for Salvation; helping the Youth and the People in Rural Communities of Uganda to be strong in Faith.
- (3.37) To Set up a Good and Modern Public Address System (Grip Sound) and Cameras, Projectors for Evangelism Missions and a Modern Mobile/Potable Stage or Platform for Outside Seminars, Crusades and Night Prayer Rallies; and Tracks for Transporting the same.
- (3.38) To teach the Youth and the People in rural Communities of Uganda, and make them reach their full potential through Practical Skills, Spiritual and emotional guidance.
- (3.39) To carry out the establishment and Building of Schools, GRM International Christian Schools (Grip Christian Schools); Arise and Shine Christian Primary & Senior Secondary Schools, Institutes and Vocational/Technical Training Schools, Isaiah 60:1
- (3.40) To offer Vocational Training Skills to the Youth by equipping them with Technical and Practical Skills in Welding and Metal Fabrications, Carpentry and Joinery, and in Electrical Fittings and Power installation services (Wiring Houses). And to carry on all or any business related to Welding and Metal Fabrication of Metal Doors, Windows, Gates, Metal Grills, Shade-Balconies, Sign-Posts, and Decker Beds for Schools, Decorations and Wedding Cake Stands, and all kinds of Welding Repairs.
- (3.41) To offer Services in Electrical Fittings and Power Installation Services (Wiring Houses)
- (3.42) To engage in Fabrication of Masts/Broadcast Towers of different sizes and heights plus General Construction of Mast on Site;
- (3.43) To carry on all or any business related to Carpentry and Joinery (all types of furniture)
- (3.44) To carry on all or any business related to Interior Designing, i.e. Kitchen Construction and Designing.
- (3.45) To advocate for a Boy and Girl Child Education.
- (3.46) To encourage Local Artists to develop their Musical Talents;
- (3.47) To offer Services to Individuals, Homes, Companies, Schools, Radio/TV Stations, Hospitals, Churches etc., from different parts of the Country.
- (3.48) To deal in Genuine equipment only with long life and we shall always Maintaine our Supply to our Clients.
- (3.49) To engage in Sensitizing the Youth and the People in rural Communities of Uganda against Drug addiction, Immorality and Sex abuse
- (3.50) To engage in advocating for Saving Culture as one of the Principles of Prosperity.
- (3.51) To promote for the benefit of the inhabitants of Kasenge, Wakiso District and the surrounding area the provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time occupation of individuals who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, financial hardship or social and economic circumstances or for the public at large in the interests of social welfare and with the object of improving the condition of life of the said inhabitants. And to carry on the establishment of Recreation Centers, Hotels, Restaurants, Beaches etc.
- (3.52) To carry on all or any business related to Import and Export of Goods and Services
- (3.53) To carry on all or any business related to Civil Engineering, building & Construction, dealers in Building Materials and to work as builders and Contractors. (Real-Estates and Rental Houses, “GOD IS RICH COMPLEX”
- (3.54) To construct, erect and maintain buildings, houses, flats, shops and all other works, erections, and things of any description whatsoever either upon the lands acquired by these Companies or upon other lands and to hold, retain as investments or to sell, let, alienate, mortgage, charge or deal with all or any of the same and generally to alter, develop and improve the lands and other property of these Companies.
- (3.55) To carry on the establishment of Printing and Publishing Press
- (3.56) To carry on all or any business related to Motor Vehicle Garage & Spare Parts,
- (3.57) To carry on all or any business related to Children Toys, Bags, Cosmetics and Ladies Jewels, Clothes and Mattresses (Twesiga Mukama Investments);
- (3.58) To carry on all or any business related to Farming produce e.g. Foods and Fruits etc.
- (3.59) To carry on all or any business related to Oil and Gas Products
- (3.60) To carry on all or any business related to Water resources e.g. Fish, Mukene (Small Oily Silver Fish) etc.
- (3.61) To invest in or purchase or otherwise acquire milehold, leasehold and freehold lands of more than One Hundred Thousand (100,000) hectares in different parts of the Country to be used for:- Training Schools, Ministry (Church establishments), Agriculture i.e. Farming, Laying Cattles, Goats, and Keeping Birds (Poultry), Industries, Factories, Hospitals etc.
- (3.62) To carry on the establishment of Grip World Ventures Dream Trips (Tourism).
- (3.63) To act as agents, brokers or trustees, and to enter into such arrangements (whether by way of amalgamation, partnership, profit sharing, union of interests, co-operation, joint venture or otherwise) with other persons or companies as may seem to the Board of Directors to advance the interests of these Companies and to vest any property of these Companies in any person or Company on behalf of these Companies and with or without any Declaration of trust in favour of these Companies.
- (3.64) To invest and deal with the moneys of these Companies not immediately required upon such securities and in such manner as may from time to time be determined.
- (3.65) To acquire and undertake the whole or any part of the business, good-will and assets of any person, firm or company carrying on or proposing to carry on any of the businesses which these Companies are authorised to carry on, and as part of the consideration for such acquisition to undertake all or any of the liabilities of such person, firm or company, or to acquire an interest in, amalgamate with, or enter into any arrangement for sharing profits, or for co-operation, or for limiting competition or for mutual assistance with any such person, firm or company and to give or accept by way of consideration for any of the acts or things aforesaid or property acquired, any shares, debentures, debenture stock or securities that may be agreed upon, and to hold and retain or sell, mortgage or deal with any shares, debentures, debenture stock or securities so received.
- (3.66) To subscribe for, take, purchase or otherwise acquire and hold shares or other interests in, or securities of any other company having objects altogether or in part similar to those of these Companies, or carrying on any business capable of being conducted so as directly or indirectly to benefit these Companies.
- (3.67) To provide for the welfare of persons in the employment of or holding office under or formerly in the employment of or holding office under these Companies including Directors and ex-Directors of these Companies and the wives, widows and families, dependants or connections of such persons by grants of money, pensions or other payments and by forming and contributing to pension, provident or benefit funds or profit sharing or co-partnership schemes for the benefit of such persons and to form, subscribe to or otherwise aid charitable, benevolent, religious, scientific, national or other institutions, exhibitions or objects which shall have any moral or other claims to support or aid by these Companies by reason of the locality of their operation or otherwise.
- (3.68) To enter into and carry into effect any arrangement for joint working in business or for sharing of profits or for amalgamation with any other company or association or any partnership or person carrying on any business within the objects of these Companies.
- (3.69) To accept stock or shares in or debentures, mortgages or securities of any other company in payment or part payment for any services rendered or for any sale made to or debt owing from any such company, whether such shares shall be wholly or partly paid up.
- (3.70) To make gifts or grant bonuses to the Directors or any other persons who are or have been in the employment of these Companies including substitute and alternate directors.
- (3.71) To provide Ongoing Evangelism Training in different areas such as: Conversational skills; Listening to the Holy Spirit; Listening for Spiritual Thirst and Evangelism in Relationships; Building authentic relationship with lost people and to be involved in every facet of the life of the believer.
- (3.72) To run courses that allow people to investigate Christianity and allow a safe place for people to ask their questions aimed at life skills which helps a person see the relevancy of the Christian life.
- (3.73) To proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and make disciples of all kinds of people (Mat.28:19-20; Mark 16:15).
- (3.74) To serve as a community of worship and fellowship; to manifest the presence and love of Jesus. “For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them” (Mat.18:20).
- (3.75) To mature believers and prepare them to perform works of ministry. “And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelist, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ…” (Eph.4:11-12).
- (3.76) To represent the interests of the Kingdom of God in the world, and to influence our society with the ideas of the Lord. “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men. You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden” (Mat.5:13-14).
- (3.77) To promote education and research in the subject of fertility and pregnancy and the termination of pregnancy and into its effects on women, whether physical, medical, psychological or social; to provide advice treatment and assistance for women who are suffering from any physical or mental illness or distress as a result of fertility or infertility.
- (3.78) To affiliate and maintain contact with any institution both a local, regional and international with similar objects that may benefit the organisation.
- (3.79) To do all or any of the above things in any part of the world and as principals, agents, contractors, trustees, or otherwise, and by or through trustees, agents or otherwise and either alone or in conjunction with others.
- (3.80) To carry on any other business or businesses of a similar nature or any business or businesses which may in opinion of the Directors be conveniently carried on by these Companies in conjunction with the above mentioned businesses, or objects, or any of them, or calculated directly or indirectly to enhance the value of, or render profitable any of these Companies’ property or rights.
- (3.81) To do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects or any of them.
This is achieved via:
- Preaching the gospel and teaching Christ’s word;
- Providing community education campaigns on matters pertaining to development, education, family planning and health.
- Create awareness among the rural community about the HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Ebola, Chorela, Cancer and Hepatitis and provide them with the tools for fighting the diseases.
- To improve the quality of life for the people in remote rural poverty stricken areas where majority of the general population is based in Uganda by teaching them new business ideas and implement them.
- To train care givers in care giving skills to enable these people in remote rural poverty stricken areas get adequate care, love and support.
- To create awareness to the community and the outside world the need to fight and eradicate poverty.
- To build a net work of well-trained youth who will, through joint efforts, continue to implement current visions and build the foundation for liberated future generations once current forms of control and marginalization are identified and alienated.
The innovation however that truly distinguishes GRIP MEDIA UGANDA and GRM INTERNATIONAL-NGO from other projects is in our approach to financial sustainability. By linking Rural Community and Urban Community. The Rural Community will not only receive practical instruction on how to produce, but also acquire the business skills needed to earn themselves a living. This focus on financial sustainability means that every dollar/pound invested in developing rural community capacity will continue to have an impact year after year.
The need to build Rural Community capacity and create new livelihoods is critical for the peaceful development of any developing country in Africa such as Uganda. I hope that our approach inspires your trust to share that vision, “A Positive Voice to Inform, Educate and to create a society in which every person is celebrated as a unique and valued creation of God, and is encouraged to fulfill his or her full potential in Christ”, and to invest in the future of the improvement of thousands of people in the rural community of Africa with a donation toward this project.
CHARACTERISTICS OF POVERTY IN KEY DOMAINS:
(a) Personal, emotional and spiritual well-being
- Lack of parental guidance, care and love
- Not having the means to get what one wants
- Inability to solve daily problems, both as a result of lack of money as well as lack of initiative and innovation that results from financial poverty (‘poverty of the mind’)
- Being dependent on others
- Lack of religious grounding
- Discrimination and deprivation
- Alcohol abuse by parents
(b) Physical well-being
- Lack of access to health care (medicine, immunization)
- Vulnerable to diseases, especially HIV/AIDs, Malaria, Ebola, Chorela, Cancer and
(c) Family and social well-being
- Family breakdown
- Polygamous family
- Households with many children and with no use of family planning
- Inability to enroll in school or to pursue education on an ongoing basis as a result of school costs, uniform, books, pens, etc.
- Lack of protection from abuse, exploitation
(d) Financial and material well-being
- Lack of money, clothing, food, accommodation, material goods such as bicycles, books, bedding, cooking
- Lack of land
- Lack of skills
- Lack of opportunities and sources of income
- Child labor exploitation
- Lack of access to transport and Communication facilities.
(e) Environmental well-being
- Lack of clean and safe water
- Lack of latrines
- We Evangelize and preach the gospel; People come into relationship with their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ; and they reach their full potential through spiritual and emotional guidance.
- The broken hearted and traumatized find healing and forgiveness;
- We provide community education in areas such as; hygiene and health (including cholera, Ebola virus, HIV, hepatitis, malaria), family planning, education, moral values and world news;
- We encourage local artists to develop their musical talents;
- We advocate for peace and reconciliation. Hence Promotion of community unity;
- We have a Constitution/Memorandum and Article of Association.
- We expect to have funders who are Donor Agencies, Well-wishers, Sponsors, Charitable Foundations, Corporate Funders, Loan financing and equity capital, Contracts, Trading; Selling goods and services to members, Volunteers, Partners, Churches (God is Rich Ministries International), Membership, Friends, Gifts and moral support from direct and indirect beneficiaries.
GRIP MEDIA UGANDA & GRM INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT:GRIP Media Uganda and GRM International-NGO are managed in such a way that the executive committee was formed to run the project in order to make the project a success.
- Through maximum utilization of scarce available resources.
- Use of collective efforts of all project stake holders like initiators, direct and indirect beneficiaries together with project participants.
- Through delegation of duties and systematic accountability on regular basis in order to avoid fraud and sleeping partners.
- The chairman of the committee is responsible for generation of funds and to produce project reports, in correlation with project budget in order to ensure transparent accountability.
- A group of verifiers was chosen to undertake the responsibility of checking and supervision of the quantity of goods delivered and the quality of work done in order to avoid inflation and shadow work.
Human Resource and Capacity to manage the projectGRIP MEDIA UGANDA and GRM INTERNATIONAL-NGO have a Board of Directors that is responsible for setting-up of policies, approving strategies, plans and Budgets and oversees the operations of the project so that they confirm to the principles and values. At the Management level, the Grants coordinator is responsible for the day to day running of GRIP MEDIA UGANDA and GRM INTERNATIONAL-NGO. She develops strategies, plans and budgets and submits them to the Board for approval, and is directly involved in project development and Programme management. The Grants Coordinator has experience in Project Planning and Management with adequate knowledge and expertise in development work. She is part of the 6 man Senior Management Council that is responsible for the day to day management of the project. The Senior Management Council is a committee of representatives of different entities. The technical team is composed of Medical, Engineers, Programmatic and Administrative teams. The Programme team is composed of a Grants Coordinator, Social Worker/Counselor and Community volunteers, the Director-Finance and Administration, and Support Staff. Regardless of department, all these work together to ensure proper Programme implementation.
INSTITUTIONAL SETTING:There are various institutions that are non profit making organizations in Africa, we have liaised or liaise with GRIP MEDIA UGANDA and GRM INTERNATIONAL-NGO during their life span because no project or organization can exist alone or in isolation, it must contribute or benefit from the benefits generated by other Organizations or projects involved in similar activities and this strengthens the sustainability of the benefits generated by GRIP MEDIA UGANDA and GRM INTERNATIONAL-NGO.
ASSUMPTIONS AND RISKS:GRIP MEDIA UGANDA and GRM INTERNATIONAL-NGO, like any other project, have to make assumptions and face risks about attitudes, motivations and expectations of the various parties involved. Any project has to take an account of external, internal and environmental factors outside the project’s control which might constitute a risk to its success. However, the factors can be:-
Natural events, national economic policies, political and religious influence as well as social, economic and cultural factors at the participant levels, for example inflation in Ugandan currency, price fluctuation of both goods and services of planned inputs and this can bring about knock-on effect at the level of planned outputs. So the project implementers have laid proper success strategies for GRIP MEDIA UGANDA and GRM INTERNATIONAL-NGO in order to operate sustainably.In a conclusion, because we identified you to be among the people who have interest in changing the lives of the thousands of people in remote hard to reach rural areas who are suffering from being segregated, abandoned, and abused, by creating innovative solutions and make informed choices to improve their lives, access all available services and opportunities and be able to address their day to day challenges through information. GRIP MEDIA UGANDA and GRM INTERNATIONAL-NGO will continue to grow globally and work in partnership with in-country stakeholders to develop new modes of community involvement and access to technology especially by finding Solutions to Communication Problems.
This project is specifically aimed at ensuring that every African especially in Kasenge Village, Wakiso District Uganda has the spiritual support required to fulfill his/her potential in Christ.
Should you feel that you can contribute financially towards GRIP MEDIA UGANDA and GRM INTERNATIONAL-NGO project, we ask you to consider assisting us with funding for Radio equipment, Constructing Transmission sites, building Masts (Broadcasting Towers) on Nakirama Hill and Broadcasting Sites at Kasenge Community Trading Center where we want to build “God is Rich Complex” for our Offices and Studios.
We look forward to hearing from you with a positive response and hope that we can work together in the future. God bless Uganda/Africa. “For God And My Country”. We Love Our Country Uganda. Long Live Uganda the Pearl Of Africa, Our motherland! Once Again A Better Uganda/Africa Starts With Us Who Want. Please be Part of us, Become our Friend, Like us, share with us by sending your Comments, Views, Greeting or Regards to your Friends and Dedications or Song requests. You can also share with us words of wisdom, Inspirations, Creative ideas, Prayer Requests; Let us Pray together; Pray for us as we Pray for you, You can also share with us your Testimonies e.t.c
US Dollar Account
Account Name: Grip Media Uganda - Limited
Account Number: 6005833777
SWIFT CODE ADDRESS: BARCUGKX CORRESPONDENT BANK: CITIBANK NEW YORK, SWIFT ADDRESS: CITIUS33, ABA ROUTING NUMBER: 021000089
British Pounds UK
Account Name: GRM International Limited
Account Number: 6005833386
SWIFT CODE ADDRESS: BARCUGKX CORRESPONDENT BANK: BARCLAYS BANK PLC, LONDON, SWIFT ADDRESS: BARCGB22, IBAN: GB37BARC20325320763284
Donations in US Dollars
If you would like to help financially in US dolloars, please use the dollar account and the corresponding SWIFT CODE to offer your generous donation in US dollars.
Donations in British Pounds
If you would like to help financially using British Pounds, please use the British Pounds account and the corresponding SWIFT CODE to offer your generous donation in British Pounds.